Monday, July 4, 2016

[Music Mondays] Where Did June Go? Edition


I did a cross country move in mid-May, from Tennessee to Colorado. I'm still getting used to my new house and the local area. I'm going to blame this lack of familiarity, the near consistent need to run around get things done (whether that's getting another item to restock my pantry or picking up some home improvement/decor item to improve our storage), for the fact that June seems to have disappeared on me.

Well, I'll blame that and the final class of my graduate program, which is keeping me - more often than not - glued to my laptop as I write and submit storyboards and look for graphics to accompany those storyboards once they're made into online modules. (But I'm almost done! And then I can actually look for a position where I get paid to do these things.)

But I'm making a pact with myself right now: I will get out and enjoy the summer days before they pass me by completely. Even if all I do is sit on my back porch in my deck chair, reading a book (or scribbling on a story) and soaking up the sunshine (with appropriate protection, of course).

And accompanying me - either in my head or on my mp3 player - will be music.

This week I'm kind of all over the place. A little new and somber, a little old (it pains me to say that) and poppy.

What are you listening to this week? 


The Sound of Silence (Cover) - Disturbed




The Devil's Backbone - The Civil Wars




3 Small Words - Josie and the Pussycats




Sanctuary - Darling Violetta


No comments:

All images are copyright to their respective owners and used according to Creative Commons agreements.